Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thrifting

I'm super cheap. It pains me to spend more than fifteen dollars on a single article of clothing. That's why I love thrifting so much. I remember going thrifting when I was like 9 before it became popular, back when you thrifted because you were poor. I'm still poor, so hey, what's new?

Anyway, I went thrifting a few days back. I go to a chain called Village Discount Outlet here in Illinois. They usually have really good deals, like three different colored tags are usually half off. Plus, the prices are already ridiculously low, so it's pretty easy to walk away with a giant bag full of clothes. I helped my mom pick out tops for the summer to re-vamp her wardrobe, but I got two tops too. In total, we bought six tops and three sports bras for seventeen dollars. I think that's pretty amazing considering it's difficult now to find a single cute top for under twenty dollars.

ON TO THE CLOTHING.


I bought two tops, and I'm super happy with both purchases. The first was a silky (polyester, but hey sshh) sleeveless top. I love the neutral grey color because it can be worn with a ton of other pieces in my closet. The top of the shirt has this lace design which is pretty cool. It zips up the side for extra fanciness.

The second top is another sleeveless shirt. It reminds me of a pattern that I saw at H&M a few months ago that had palm trees and toucans. This one has palm trees and giraffes. The fabric is a thick cotton,whereas the H&M ones were made out of polyester which would probably become gross after a few washings. I need to iron it, but I am wearing it right now with dark blue skinny jeans, and it rules.


BONUS: My mom works in housekeeping at a hotel, so whenever guests leave anything behind and don't claim them, my family gets them. She found this neon Nike running thing (I know a lot about athletic stuff), and I'm going to wear the hell out of it in the winter because it's meant for cold weather. Chicago winters are brutal, so this will be for lazy days when I go to class.

Thrifting rules, and I always want to show everyone the cool stuff I got. I'm 70% through Game of Thrones, so I'm hoping to finish that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment